Friday, November 18, 2011

Foil Ornament Christmas Card


Here is the new card that I promised. This one has a removable Christmas ornament!

I was playing with the new Die-namics ornament dies, and I thought it would be fun to try a new technique. I covered grunge paper on both sides with foil tape and then cut out the ornaments. Then, I embossed them with a Tim Holtz damask embossing folder and colored them with alcohol inks.

To make the removable ornament, I cut out two large doilies from the Die-namic's Doily Duo and glued them back to back with a ribbon in between. I used Fired Brick Distress Ink to color grunge paper and cut the number 25 out with a TH mini Sizzix die. Then I covered the numbers with diamond glaze. To finish it off, I used gold pearl pen to decorate the doilies. I used removable adhesive to attach the ornament to the card so that it's easily removable.

I will be teaching the techniques to make this card as well as the previous two Christmas cards at Memories Live On in Cupertino on December 3. I hope you can join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment