Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Cards to Die(cut) for!

I went on a mini shopping spree the other day and bought some of the new Tim Holtz Christmas dies and stamps. The Graphic45 Christmas Emporium paper was called to me as well.

When I got my goodies home, I thought it would be fun to play with some of my art supplies. I came up with two cards (so far)...



I used the TH holiday lampost die and house border to set the scene. I wanted to make a snowy setting, so I painted tops of the roofs and lampost with picket fence crackle paint and then poured on the glitter before the paint dried. I also use polar white flowersoft (with glitter added, of course) for the snowy hill. I cut the snowflakes out of two layers of cardstock with a piece of wide sookwang tape on the top. Then I peeled the protective sheet off of the sticker snowflakes and dipped them in silver glitter.



For this Santa card, I used multiple layers of circles from the Spellbinders and Die-namics on top of the TH holiday embossing folder. Then I broke out my Prismacolor pencils and colored Santa's jolly face. I also used the TH festive greenery border to add the holly leaves and pine branches. I finished it off with red faux holly berries from Michaels.

I will finish more cards soon. Keep ya posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment