Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer Cricut Cards



While I was leafing through the new Cricut Cards magazine, I saw a super cute card and was inspired to pull out my Cricut again. I am actually a die-hard Silhouette fan, but I couldn't help myself!

The whale card I made is completely based on the whale card in the magazine. But then I decided to make my own summer cards to go with the smiling whale.



I used the Create A Critter cartridge to make the sun on the lemonade stand card and the crab on the beach card. I thought I would be fun to make the sun on the crab card with ink. So I cut a circle template with my Spellbinders and then used Tim Holtz inks distress inks to color the sun.

Lastly, I was looking to add some texture to the crab card, so I decided to use cork paper to make the sand. I also added a little bit to the bucket for fun, and then made a tiny slice in the background to stick in the shovel.



I hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment