Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No-Sew Ribbon Clutch


Hello to all of you! I have always wanted to start a blog because I have so many ideas and I need a place to share them. I have been collecting art supplies since I was a kid. Now I am working on using them all up!

I started making jewelry about 20 years ago (before my 3 kids). I have also been a paper-aholic for many years. Now, am looking for ways to combine my love of papercrafts with my love of jewelry design.

Of course, since I am always coming up with ideas for other projects, I am starting my first blog post with a fun, no-sew purse that I came up with when I was teaching a kids' fashion accessory camp last summer.

Have you always wanted a fancy dress clutch, but don’t want to pay Coach prices? Leave your needle and thread at home and come make this no sew clutch to take to your next party. We will be making this amazing purse with only ribbon, duct tape and staples! To add to the fun, we will make a ribbon pendant to match!! I will be teaching this class at Memories Live On in Cupertino, CA on June 25 and June 29.

(FYI- I used a Tim Holtz lock from his "locket keys" idea-ology findings and glued on a Maya Road resin flower to create the faux closure.)

I will be posting more project ideas for cards, jewelry, purses, etc. as I get the chance, so keep watch while I follow the next "shiny penny"!

No comments:

Post a Comment